Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Don't Feel So Good



Is that not pathetic! Don't you just want to tell that person to crawl back into bed and hide for the next couple of days!   Don't you feel sooo sorry for me!

Actually, I'm feeling better.  Day three of a head cold - and it's never a pretty sight.  Especially when the picture is taken at 5:30 am just minutes after being coughed awake.  I managed to stagger to the computer - I have my priorities! - and wrapped up in Lloyd's 'special' blanket.  I'm going to go now and shower and dress and get ready to ride herd on a particularly active one year old, who has already had this cold.  In face, I think I got it from him, his siblings, and/or cousins, all of whom I interacted with this past weekend.

I have all afternoon to rest and recuperate.  Got to.  Have a date with Mickey tomorrow, and on Monday or Tuesday (I can't think straight right now or I'd know the exact day) I'm off to Lacombe to take care of Jenny's five boys while she and Anders get away for a much needed kid free break.

So I haven't felt much like blogging these past few days.  I'll be back in a day or so.

13 comments:

just call me jo said...

You look dreadful...and I mean that in the nicest way. You look even worse than Rick thinks he feels. I'm sorry. I wish you didn't have to care for little ones. That exhausts me even when I'm in tip top shape. Hope you feel better soon. You look dreadful!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those little ones do enjoy sharing their germs with us. How can we resist their hugs and kisses. My youngest grandson recently learned how to blow kisses. So cute...maybe less germs but I still get plenty of the other too. Take care and rest when you can you do have some busy days ahead of you.

TARYTERRE said...

You poor thing. You look like you feel miserable. I hope this bug is out of your system soon. Germs abound this time of year. With any luck, you'll be feeling good enough to watch the little ones in a couple days. REST. Drink plenty of fluids. Take care.

Holly said...

Well Crap! You look better than I do and I feel great. That's not right. Hope you feel better and get some rest.

Mickey said...

Had it too. Not fun at all! If you're not up to tomorrow let me know!

Bev said...

Oh dear!! hope your feeling better. Take care...enjoy Lacombe:)

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Feel better soon Pat!

Anonymous said...

Oh - poor you! Hope you're feeling better. You should have a long hot soak in the bath, with a glass of wine to relax you!!

Sush said...

Aww, I hate colds, they just can drag me down for what seems like forever! Hope you get to feel better soon...

Southhamsdarling said...

Hope you feel better soon Pat! I pick up all the colds from my little grandchildren as well - but it's worth it!!

RoeH said...

Well you certainly look better than I do when I have a cold. It's really a disaster. Hate 'em. Here's hoping your healthy for tomorrow.

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Yuk! I greatly dislike those colds with a strong hold!! Hope you are back to feeling like yourself soon!! You are going to need LOTS of energy to keep up with your grands!
Hugs!!

Ellie said...

Oh poor you, I'm hoping you are feeling much better by now.