- 8 complete sets of dinnerware - that's more than enough for our entire family of 34 to use in one sitting!
- 5 dozen drinking glasses
- 2 complete sets of pots and pans
- 2 electric beaters
- 2 popcorn poppers
- 5 can openers - four of which don't work because they need new batteries
- 6 nut/lobster crackers - because we eat so much lobster? I wish!
- 3 ice cream scoops - because you can never have too much ice cream.
- 6 potato peelers
- 2 corkscrews - even though neither Lloyd nor I drink wine
- 3 complete sets of cutlery
and enough sharp knives to outfit a small army!
And that's just the beginning. I had to sort through all that stuff, decide what to keep, what to give to daughters, and what to take to Goodwill.
What packrats we've become. You'd think moving every few years would weed out some of the redundancies, but not so, in spite of the fact that we've been 'downsizing' these last few years. Hah! I shudder to think what I'd have to pack up if I'd lived in any one place for ten years or more. Mind boggling.
Ah well. I'm almost finished...just a few more boxes to unpack. Not counting, of course, all my scrapbooking supplies, which I'll leave till the last because that's going to be a bigger job than the kitchen, but a labor of love so it'll be fun. Redundancies are good in scrapbooking!
We're suffering through a heat wave here in Alberta - temps over 30C all week (that's in the 90s for my American friends). Thank goodness for air conditioning. I can't complain though because this weekend Lloyd and I are doing the unthinkable - driving to Arizona where the temps are in the 40sC! We're insane, and so are Emily and Allan for coming with us. Life's an adventure.