Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pool Fun and Clarification

Our nephew Mark and his boys Daniel and Austin came over for some promised pool fun yesterday.  And to clarify, and so you don't think we're official members of the Polar Bear Club, yes our pool is heated.  We usually don't go in the water in the winter until the water temp is 85F.  So in spite of the low 70s temps yesterday, the boys were warm in the water.  I'll let you be the judge of how much fun they had.

Austin doing a jump shot off the side of the pool

Almost a slam dunk

Daniel and Austin
Another basket for Austin

Daniel's victory dance - you can see the ball just dropping through the net.

And a victory swim with the winning ball.
 

One more clarification I wanted to make.  The distance between our home in Edmonton and this one in Arizona is about 2500kms.  We can drive it in just over two days, stopping at night along the way.  But we prefer the three hour flight due south.  That's why there's such a disparity in the landscape and climate...from the frozen north to the Arizona desert.

16 comments:

just call me jo said...

Ah ha! I see! That makes me feel a little better. Looks like fun. Enjoy all.

Michael and Hanne said...

That is what we call snowbirding! You even switch from Celsius to Farhenheit too. And from kilometers to miles. How can you possibly cope?

Desiree said...

I'd choose to fly, too :) I love the basketball net beside your pool. I've not seen that before. What a great way to keep everyone fit especially in those hot summer temperatures. With the solar heating for winter, you win on both accounts!

Rae said...

Looks like they had a great time. The pool looks very inviting. I'd be in it too if I were there, even with the cooler temps.

Southhamsdarling said...

Ah, thanks for the explanation, Pat! I thought you were just a three hour drive away, and couldn't understand about the difference in the weather. DOH!!! Those boys certainly are having a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Do I get a gold star for realising that you had flown south!!??
When we go on holiday to Majorca in May, we swim in the pool, although it can be heart-stoppingly cold!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It looks like they had a great time. My grandchildren all love to swim but for us it will be after Memorial Day next year before the pools open. You are very blessed to have a warmer place to go to.

TARYTERRE said...

Looks like fun. Temps in the 70's are great.enjoy your time in the sun. Takw care.

Mickey said...

Can't wait!

BB said...

So you can appreciate why I moved from CT to Myrtle Beach? The kids look like they are having a blast. Doesn't take much for kids to have fun in a pool. Great pictures.

Unknown said...

really nice photos

Design A Logo

Magpie said...

Oh, I'd say they're having a wonderful time! What a way to spend Thanksgiving...well our Thanksgiving. :)

Raindrops and Daisies said...

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving
full of happiness and lovely memories.

Enjoy

x Fiona

Raindrops and Daisies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Wow! Didnt realize you were having that cold of weather already. :( We had a small ice storm on Sat. NOT ready for winter. ENJOY your AZ time.

Granny Annie said...

The kids seem to have no objections.