Monday, April 9, 2012

The Last Day

We're getting ready to head home today - the long drive through the mountains.  It's been a fun trip - great to spend time with Mary and Greg and the kids.

We had a quiet time yesterday.  Layla was up at 2 am with her flashlight looking for Easter eggs!  After she found a few she was persuaded to go back to bed.  After Lloyd and I got there, she and Baron hid a bunch of their eggs so that we could find them - so cute.

I love making soap bubbles so I brought the kids a giant bubble blower each to play with.  It was a lovely windy day so they didn't have to exert much energy at all to have glorious big rainbow colored bubbles flying around.  The pup went nuts trying to catch them, only to have them disappear when he tried to clamp his teeth around them.  Lots of fun for them all.

Baron tried to blow the bubbles until he realized that he just had to hold the bubble wand up and let the wind catch it and do all the work.

It's interesting to see the shapes they take before becoming the perfectly round bubbles we're familiar with.


Maizie got her exercise jumping at the bubbles - very frustrating for her not to be able to catch them
Then the kids started chasing the bubbles Lloyd generated.

Everything's a competition to Baron so he declared himself the winner for catching the most bubbles, but nobody was counting!


 Later we took Maizie for a walk at an off-leash area where she was free to run and play to her heart's content.  She's a well behaved dog though and always came running back to her family and sitting nicely when we met other people who stopped to chat and admire her awesomeness.



All in all, it was a lovely way to spend a quiet day.  And now I have to finish packing up to head home.

11 comments:

Magpie said...

I hope your drive home is safe. I'm glad you had such a nice visit and that you shared it with us. Maize is a beautiful pup! I love bubbles blowing too. And still try to find reasons to get someone to blow them with me. :)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful visit you have had. Hope there is no more snow crossing the mountains. Have a safe trip!

Mickey said...

Love the bubble photos! And gorgeous puppy!
I'm sure it's a sad day saying good bye..
Good thing Lethbridge breaks up the trip.
Safe drive home! Take care.

Mickey said...

Love the bubble photos! And gorgeous puppy!
I'm sure it's a sad day saying good bye..
Good thing Lethbridge breaks up the trip.
Safe drive home! Take care.

Granny Annie said...

There are some fun toys that computers will never replace. Bubbles will always get the kids moving toward the door for outside fun. I'm pretty sure Easter Egg hunts will always be popular too. It has been a wonderful trip for you. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun, it seems like you guys were here and gone so fast. Looking forward to your next trip - Mary

RoeH said...

Yeah watching animals with bubbles is too funny. Hank trys and trys to catch them.

TARYTERRE said...

Have a safe trip home. Looks like you had a fun filled Easter holiday.

Southhamsdarling said...

The puppy is lovely, and good that he is so well behaved! Gorgeous photos of the children. They just love playing with bubbles, don't they. I'm glad you had such a lovely time with the family, and now for the trek home. Have a safe journey. Living in England and only five minutes away from my two little grandchildren, and the other one in France that I can fly to very quickly, it makes me realize how lucky I am that I don't have to cover the vast distances that my American friends have to do to visit their families.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day - I still love bubbles!! And what a gorgeous dog - I do miss having dogs, but we are away to much to have another one.

Ellie said...

Oh I love those bubbles too - so much fun :)))
What a good looking pup Maize is.