Our busy day ended like this:
...the sun setting over the west mountains as we drove home.
...just about out of sight now....
...gone...with nothing left to show for the sun having been there except for the beautiful gold rimmed clouds above the west mountains.
It's amazing how fast the sun goes down here. From the time we noticed it to the last picture taken here, not more than 10 minutes elapsed...dark by 8:15.
Today was our designated 'mall day', but we didn't get there till after noon. Here's what we did today (I know you're just dying for all the details!)
- dyed my hair
- called exterminator to come and do inside of house
- spent a long time at the bank getting Lloyd added to my account. We love joint accounts!
- short stop at WalMart for special track light bulbs for kitchen
- to Arrowhead Mall in Glendale
- shopped (JC Penneys, Macy's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sees Chocolates, etc)
- lunch at the food court
- eye exam for new glasses for both of us (a lot cheaper here than in Edmonton)
- waited for 2 hours for glasses to be ready
- more shopping (lots of sales) but we didn't go crazy with it
- dinner at Old Country Buffet
- Safeway on way home
- sunset pictures on way home
- home, safe and sound
- it's still hot out (97F) so we might have a swim before turning in.
Oh, and Lloyd got me out of bed around 1:30 this morning so I could see the scorpion running around in the bathtub! Exterminator is coming tomorrow!