Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Found Treasures

The worst of my cold has passed, and as long as I don't cough up a lung in the next day or two, I think I've survived. Thank you for all your kind wishes.

The snow has stopped, but not before a foot or so had to be cleared off my driveway.  Luckily I have a short driveway.  I could have let it sit there till Lloyd gets home on Friday, but that wouldn't have been a nice welcome home greeting for him, would it.

Now with my energy back, this morning I started sorting through some bins stored in my bedroom closet. I discovered a large shoebox filled with a scrapbookers treasure - hundreds of photo negatives.


 I'm not sure what the pictures are but I'm going to get out the handy-dandy gadget Lloyd gave me for Christmas for transferring slides and negatives into digital pictures and spend the rest of the day 'discovering' these treasures.  Several years ago we had a flood in our basement and I lost a lot of photo albums so I'm hoping some of these negatives are of those lost pictures.  Wouldn't that be a treat!!

Wish me luck!  Pat

10 comments:

Sandra Wilkes said...

Glad you are feeling better! My sister is just coming out of it too. Good luck with the pics. Big job...but fun. Good timing. Tornados in the news here today.

RoeH said...

What a nice husband! I want one of those thingys. Glad you are feeling better. Keep on.

Magpie said...

How nice that you thought about your honey! I'm glad you're feeling better too. Sounds like a fun way to spend the day. Hope you find those treasures.

TARYTERRE said...

Glad you are feeling better. My hubby is still miserable over this cold thing he has. I can't believe you shoveled. You must be on the mend, for sure. All that snow. I would have left it sit until the very last minute. That sounds like quite a project you've uncovered. Will take lots of time for sure. ENJOY gazing at the images from the past. Take care. PS) I love the fact Genevive offered Victoria the Beauty of Nature job. Victor and her do have amazing chemistry. This move probably put the end to that. Not happy with the Sharon and Adam relationship, at all. So sad about poor little Lucy being with Daisy. Gosh what would I do without my daily Y&R fix. I watch the Canadian broadcast online. You guys are a day ahead. LOVE you.

just call me jo said...

I hate floods in basements. Hope you find some treasures. Sorry I missed your AZ visit. I don't have the energy to do anything anymore--even fun things. Guess I'm old, fat, and lazy.

BB said...

Good to hear you are up and around. That sounds like a good project for rainy days!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope your treasure is everything you are hoping for. It's sad when we loose old photos. We have been so fortunate here having only light snow this year. Nothing like what you've had to deal with. Glad you are feeling better. Take care so you don't have a relapse.

Granny Annie said...

You are in for a fascinating journey and we might not hear from your for a while. I always get caught up un old photographs and just can't leave until I collapse. Recently I moved a lot of pictures from floppy discs into flash drives.

Mickey said...

What a treasure! Can't wait to see what you find! I've never really lost photos to water or fire but sure can't find photos I want when I want! Love to see what that little gadget produces! Jet lag not over with yet but can't wait to get together.

Laeli said...

Oh! I love the idea of finding lost photos. what a treat!