Sunday, February 5, 2012

Home Away From Home

We're finally here...sunny, warm Arizona.  We'll probably just rest and veg for the next couple of days, although already today we've conquered our Kohl's fix.  Lloyd had to refresh his Arizona wardrobe since he's lost so much weight in the past couple of months - deliberately.  We have a huge bag of clothes to take to the donations bin now.

I'll just keep this short today.  No pictures taken yet.  Thanks to son-in-law Curtis for taking us to the airport at an ungodly time of morning.  After long lineups in Security and Customs, and waiting for a delayed plane, we had an uneventful flight - the very best kind.  Thanks too to good friend Gordon for picking us up at the airport.

I'm looking forward to a fun three weeks here - maybe even have a chance to meet a few blogger friends!  My sister and her husband are coming down for a week on the 12th so we'll have some fun company in a restful setting.

Have a good week.

Pat

10 comments:

Desiree said...

How fortunate you are to have this escape now and again. Enjoy the break! Lloyd has done himself proud with his weight loss. I am trying to lose a few kilos as well, but so far, no clothes need down sizing. How did he do it? I love your new header! You've obviously been busy with scrapbooking again.

just call me jo said...

Oh, we must meet. Enjoy the beautiful weather. We'll talk.

Magpie said...

Welcome to your second home! Soak up some sun. :)

RoeH said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. The last plane trip I took was so horrible I still can't get onto another plane.

TARYTERRE said...

ENJOY your Arizona retreat from the snow. I'm sure the two of you will fill the days with fun things to do during your stay. ENJOY. Take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds like a wonderful 3 weeks are in store for you. I can quite imagine you'll enjoy being warmer! We've been having a mild winter for northern Ohio and yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the sun on my patio. I was dressed with a jacket and sweat pants but the sun felt good anyway.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the sunshine!!

BB said...

That's wonderful that you're there. Enjoy those 3 weeks to the fullest.

mickey said...

Have a wonderful time! I'm enjoying the change. Eamon can't wait til his parents leave! Canada geese can't decide whether to migrate or not as it's so warm. They are flying around in big V formations. Have fun in all the good places we love!

Sush said...

Oh that sounds lovely...enjoy the warmth and have a great time. I'm hoping for lots of lovely photos and posts....in between your fun of course!
Hugs~